Wake Transit Public Engagement Policy Draft - Public Comment
Public Comment Period Open
The public comment period for the DRAFT Public Engagement Policy will be open from Nov. 14, 2018 - Jan. 4, 2019. Comments can be sent to Bonnie Parker, Public Engagement Planner, via:
- Phone: 919-996-4403
U.S. Mail to CAMPO, 421 Fayetteville St., Suite 203, Raleigh, N.C. 27614.
The Wake Transit Plan represents a direct investment by the Wake County community. As such, an integral component of the Wake Transit Plan is active, ongoing participation and engagement from members of the public. As a new funding source, responsibility for implementation of the Wake Transit Plan has been assigned to the governing boards (the CAMPO Executive Board and the GoTriangle Board of Trustees). They are also responsible for approval and implementation of the following Public Engagement Policy (PEP).
Throughout 2018, CAMPO staff have worked with a Core Technical Team, made up of staff from partner agencies, and a consultant, to develop the draft policy. It is designed to provide a high-level overview of what the public can expect from public engagement activities associated with the implementation of the Wake Transit Plan, while retaining flexibility in the way individual project teams and agencies carry out their work.
Anticipated Path for Policy Adoption:
- TPAC Action to Recommend Policy to the Governing Boards occurred on November 14, 2018
- CAMPO Opened Public Hearing and Public Comment Period on November 14, 2018
- GoTriangle Planning & Legislative Committee Considers Action to Recommend Policy on December 19, 2018
- CAMPO TCC Considers Action to Recommend Policy to CAMPO Executive Board on January 3, 2019
- Public Comment Period Closes on January 4, 2019
- CAMPO Executive Board Concludes Public Hearing and Considers Action to Adopt on January 16, 2019
- GoTriangle Board of Trustees Considers Action to Adopt on January 23, 2019