Prioritization 5.0 (SPOT 5)
Here is a list of ways to share your thoughts on the statewide, regional, and local transportation projects that are being considered for development by the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) over the next decade, approximately.
- Monitor the Prioritization 5.0 webpage to stay up to date.
- Send written comments to email@example.com by June 19th
- Speak at the CAMPO Executive Board Meeting on June 20 at 4pm
- Take NCDOT's online interactive survey
- Read more about the process and follow along with NCDOT
- Speak at NCDOT Division Meetings (Div. 5 is June 19; Div. 6 is June 18)
- Written comments are due by July 7
Prioritization 5.0 Timeline
Assignment of Local Input Points
Regional Impact Category
In the near future, CAMPO will assign 2,500 local input points to the Regional Impact category of projects during the months of May and June 2018. A 30-day public review and comment period will be held during this time on the draft point assignment. A public hearing will be held at the MPO Executive Board meeting when they adopt the Regional Impact category Local Input Point Assignment (expected June 20, 2018).
The public is encouraged to review the draft regional impact point assignment and submit comments to CAMPO by June 19, 2018. Please send comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (919) 996-4400.
- Regional Impact local input point assignment version 1 - May 3, 2018
- Regional Impact local input point assignment version 2 - June 7, 2018
Division Needs Category
Later this year, CAMPO will assign a second 2,500 local input points to the Division Needs category of projects during the months of August and September 2018. A 30-day public review and comment period will be held during this time on the draft point assignment. A public hearing will be held at the MPO Executive Board meeting when they adopt the Division Needs Local Input Point Assignment (expected September 19, 2018)
Submittal of Candidate Projects
Previously, for P5.0, CAMPO was allowed to submit forty-three (43) new projects for each mode of transportation: roadway, transit, aviation, rail, bicycle/pedestrian, & ferry. The CAMPO Executive Board approved the list of projects for public review and comment on June 21, 2017. A public hearing was held on August 16, 2017 the board officially approved the list for submittal to NCDOT on Sept. 20, 2017.
P5.0 Project Candidate Lists - version 1 (original)
P5.0 Project Candidate Lists - FINAL (Sept. 29, 2017)
For more information on any of these items please contact Alex Rickard.