2045 Metropolitan Transportation Plan
The 2045 MTP and 2018-27 TIP Conformity Report is available for review and public comment. Visit the Air Quality Conformity webpage for more info.
The Capital Area and the Durham Chapel-Hill Carrboro MPOs coordinated to develop the 2045 Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP) for the Triangle region. The MTP is the long-range plan for transportation improvements across the region. It includes roadway, transit, rail, bicycle, pedestrian and other transportation projects to be implemented through the year 2045.
Project Maps and Lists Approved by CAMPO's Executive Board
The Executive Board unanimously approved the project maps and projects list at their meeting on December 13, 2017. The "Additional Funding" scenario was approved.
The final Executive Board action involved in the adoption of the 2045 MTP, approval of the final 2045 MTP Report narratives, occurred at their meeting on February 21, 2018.
Final 2045 Report Document (By Chapters)
- Executive Summary
- What is the Plan?
- About Our Home
- Our Vision And How We will Achieve It
- How We Developed Our Plan
- Analyzing Our Choices
- Our Metropolitan Transportation Plan
- Our Financial Plan
- Critical Factors in the Planning Process
- Post-2045 Comprehensive Transportation Plan Projects
- Road Projects List
- Transit Technologies and Services
- Transit Service List
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Facilities Lists
- Autonomous & Connected Vehicles
- Complete Streets
- Air Quality (MOVES output)
- Public Comments (To be updated through Feb. 21, 2018)
- Detailed Transportation and Growth Maps
- Year-of-Expenditure Financial Plan
- Environmental Justice Maps and Critical Environmental Resource Maps