2045 Metropolitan Transportation Plan
ARCHIVED - The 2045 MTP is not CAMPO's latest plan. Visit the Transportation Plan webpage to find the latest.
The Capital Area and the Durham Chapel-Hill Carrboro MPOs coordinated to develop the 2045 Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP) for the Triangle region. The MTP is the long-range plan for transportation improvements across the region. It includes roadway, transit, rail, bicycle, pedestrian and other transportation projects to be implemented through the year 2045.
The final Executive Board action involved in the adoption of the 2045 MTP, approval of the final 2045 MTP Report narratives (now updated with Amendment #1), occurred at their meeting on February 21, 2018.
The Executive Board approved Amendment #2 on August 21, 2019.
Air Quality Conformity Determination Report
Final 2045 Report Document (By Chapters)
- Executive Summary
- What is the Plan?
- About Our Home
- Our Vision And How We will Achieve It
- How We Developed Our Plan
- Analyzing Our Choices
- Our Metropolitan Transportation Plan
- Our Financial Plan
- Critical Factors in the Planning Process
- Post-2045 Comprehensive Transportation Plan Projects
- Roadways Projects List - Amended January 2019
- Transit Technologies and Services
- Transit Service List
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Facilities Lists
- Autonomous & Connected Vehicles
- Complete Streets
- Air Quality (MOVES output)
- Public Comments
- Detailed Transportation and Growth Maps
- Year-of-Expenditure Financial Plan
- Environmental Justice Maps and Critical Environmental Resource Maps