Prioritization 6.0 (SPOT 6)
CAMPO's proposed list of candidate projects to submit to NCDOT as part of the SPOT 6 Prioritization Process is now available for public review and comment. The public comment period is open until April 12, 2020. A public hearing will be held at the Executive Board's meeting on April 15, 2020. Comments can be submitted through the webform, via email to email@example.com via phone to 919-996-4400, or via U.S. Mail to: CAMPO, Attn: Bonnie Parker, 421 Fayetteville St., Suite 203, Raleigh, NC 27601.
SPOT 6 refers to the process that guides the development of a 2023-2032 Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP). It began in late 2019.
Part One: Submittal of Candidate Projects
MPOs across the state start their work by prioritizing the projects to be submitted to the SPOT 6 process. This includes:
- A call for non-roadway projects (bike/ped, transit, and aviation) from local municipalities and transportation agencies in the fall of 2019.
- (WE ARE HERE) Candidate roadway projects are gathered from the MPO's approved Transportation Improvement Plan and Metropolitan Transportation Plan, and along with the non-roadway projects, a proposed list is then recommended to the Executive Board for public release in early 2020.
- A public hearing and consideration of the final project list is scheduled for the Executive Board Meeting on April 15, 2020.
- The MPO submits the projects to SPOT 6 by May 1, 2020.
Part Two: Project Scoring by NCDOT
- NCDOT Releases Initial Project Scores (prioritized lists by mode - roadways, non-roadways)
- NCDOT Releases the Draft Statewide Mobility Projects list.
Part Three: Assignment of Local Input Points
- Regional Impact Category
Staff evaluates the CAMPO project submittals and recommends additional point assignments for regional projects to the Executive Board for approval and resubmittal to SPOT 6 by May 2021.
NCDOT then releases a draft list of Regional Impact Projects in July 2021.
2. Division Needs Category
Part Four: 2023-2032 Draft STIP Released by NCDOT
For more information on any of these items please contact Alex Rickard.