Prioritization 6.0 (SPOT 6)
Submittal of Candidate Projects
The SPOT 6 development process began in early 2019. MPOs across the state start their work by prioritizing the projects to be submitted to the SPOT 6 process. This includes:
A call for non-roadway projects (bike/ped, transit, and aviation) from local municipalities and transportation agencies (April 18 - June 28, 2019).
- Candidate roadway projects are gathered from the MPO's approved Transportation Improvement Plan and Metropolitan Transportation Plan, and along with the non-roadway projects, a proposed list is then recommended to the Executive Board for public release in September.
- A public hearing and consideration of the final project list is likely to occur at the Executive Board Meeting in November.
- The MPO submits the projects to SPOT 6 in December.
Project Scoring by NCDOT
- NCDOT Releases Initial Project Scores (prioritized lists by mode - roadways, non-roadways)
- NCDOT Releases the Draft Statewide Mobility Projects list.
Assignment of Local Input Points
- Regional Impact Category
Staff evaluates the CAMPO project submittals and recommends additional point assignments for regional projects to the Executive Board for approval and resubmittal to SPOT 6. Anticipated deadline is October 2020.
NCDOT then releases a draft list of Regional Impact Projects.
- Division Needs Category
2022-2031 Draft STIP Released by NCDOT
For more information on any of these items please contact Alex Rickard.